The answer is...the machine does not determine whether you bill G0431 or G0434, its your level of complexity. You can only bill the G0434 for ONE UNIT as moderately complex. Note: Is probably not worth - between the staff and the reagents, it probably costs you $20 to run the test and Medicare only pays about $16.
If you go to highly complex then you can use the G0431 x number of classes.
Brock Berta, CPC-A, MBA
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join