I have a tricky one and I am not sure how to code. The patient came in emergently for an exploratory laparotomy. Our anesthesiologist noted a start time of 15:38, and the patient was induced at 16:04. At 16:11, a code was called, and the anesthesiologist performed CPR (personally performed) from 16:15 until the time of death at 16:58. Anesthesia end time is noted at 17:21.
So my question is, do we bill for the Anesthesia case, the CPR, or both? If both, wouldn't we need to discontinue Anesthesia time during the time that CPR was performed? I have been searching everywhere for an answer to this and came up with nothing...
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join