If the surgeons at the hospital have no intention of doing follow up postoperatively, they are coding non compliantly when they do not code the 54 modifier.
Your surgeons have to have a meeting with the hospital compliance department, and the surgeons in the hospital to discuss this. They need to bill the surgeries with the 54 modifier and be paid only the interoperative allowance and your surgeons bill the surgery with the 55 modifier for the post operative management.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join