The CEDC curriculum on this site has a module on ICD-9 coding. There are consultants out there like Todd Thomas and Caral Edelberg who do trianing which includes ICD-9 coding.
But ICD-9 coding for the ED is pretty much based on the ICD-9 guidelines like all diagnostic coding. If there is a big difference it is that sometimes there is not an adequate final DX in the ED so signs and symptoms are often used. And of course E coding is common.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join