AAPC - Back to school

Thread: harvest/transplantation of fat graft

Default harvest/transplantation of fat graft

AAPC: Back to School
    Can anyone help me? The op note states:

"Liposuction cannula was used on midline of the lower and upper abdomen after installation of 0.5% Marcaine and a stab incision with #11 blade. Approx 2ml of fat was aspirated from midline of the deep fat of abdomen... washed and placed on telfa. It was placed in a 3ml syringe.... The Coleman tip catheter with fat grafting was then used to serially pass through the upper lip at the former scar contracture with slow instillation of approx 0.5ml of fat...

He wants to bill both 20926 for the harvest and closure of donor site and 15770 for the transplantation of the fat graft.

my concern is that I believe both of these codes include the harvest from the donor site - however my coding software also states 20926 - "Transplantation of this graft is reported separately"

should he only use the 15770?

any suggestions for the injection of the harvested fat graft?

thanks, tina

Harvest always includes repair of the donor site unless it is repair by an advancement flap or a graft.

Possible codes:
    11950 series depending on CC's and if Subcu. Filling Material can be Fat

Similar Threads

1. Fat graft
    By jdemar in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 08:54 AM
  2. conchal bowl cartilage graft harvest
    By TammyM in forum ENT/Otolaryngology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 06:08 AM
  3. conchal bowl cartilage graft harvest