Is the doctor doing a diagnostic epidurogram or is he injecting under fluoro guidance? If this is a diagnostic exam where the physician is deciding what's wrong and what to do next, then 72275 would be coded with modifier 59. (and 26 if only billing for the professional component.
If, instead, he is using fluoro for guidance, then code 77003 would be correct.
Many doctors dictate "epidurogram" when all they are doing is guidance, so you have to be careful, and they need to be educated. (same thing for arthrogram and myelogram when it's really guidance for injection.)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join