440.2x is a chronic condition that cause plaque to build up on the walls of the artery constrictinf the flow and can cause a complete blockage of the artery. 444.21 is an acute thrombus(clot) the cause an obstruction to the vessel. Think of a pipe if the gunk build up ofer time on the side and makes the opening narrower and narrower and has to be bascially scrapped out that is atherosclosis. if it just gets a big hair ball in it and you use a "snake" to get it out that is an thrombus.
Hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join