we cannot code form knowing what the different hypertension definitions are, we can go only from the documentation, so if it just states hypertension even though there is a history of malignant hypertension mentioned I would go for the 401.9. You have specified the 403 so I am assuming then the patient has a chronic kidney disease also? so you need then the 403.9x with the 585.x code for the stage of chronic kidney disease
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join