He reduced the fracture therefore that eliminates the 27530.
The fixation is not external--its internal, so that eliminates the 20690 w/27532
Even though he does not state an actual "incision", by piercing the skin and entering the joint this "can" now be considered an open procedure.
Since he only mentions the lateral tibial plateau, this is unicondylar, I would recommend 27535, (probably with a 52 modifier)
(and the -26 component of the fluoro if not formally read by a radiologist)
Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join