You do not even have to bill this to Medicare unless the patient requests it. Routine physicals are NOT covered by medicare period. If the patient requests this be sent to Medciare because they have a secondary insurance that will cover it and they need a denial from Medicare, and IF you obtained a voluntary ABN (which is not required since this code is statutorily excluded from coverage), you would use a GX modifier (Notice of liability issued, voluntary under payer policy).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join