Not sure of the correct code for this. I came up with 36556 (patient is 54) but do I need this to say 'tunneled or nontunneled'?
Procedure: Left Subclavian Port-A-Cath insertion
The left chest wall was prepped and draped. Lidocaine was infiltrated and teh subclavian vein was then accessed with a single puncture. Guidewire was passed proximally under fluoroscopy. Incision was made under the wire insertion site and a pocket was created inferiorly with blunt dissection. Dilator and sheath were passed over the wire under fluoro. The wire and dilator were removed. Silastic catheter flushed and aspirated nicely. It was trimmed and attached to the pectoral fascia with 3-0 vicryl. The port was aspirated and flushed with heparinized saline. The wound was closed with inverted interrupted 3-0 vicryl and dermabond. The patient tolerated the procedure well.
Most of these ports are pretty much the same verbiage and I'm not sure if I'm in the correct ball park for these or not.
Any advice is much appreciated
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join