Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICD-9 help

Default ICD-9 help

How to code dx code for plaque in the carotid artery without significant stenosis??

Look up dx code 433.10

Can I use 646.93 for fetal demise or is there one specific for demise. Pt. has postive Hcg, and 7 wks along, US, impression states fetal demise. thanks

Smile

If you do not feel comfprtable with 433.10, look at 785.9- we will use this code for carotid bruit that does not show stenosis

Quote Originally Posted by pharmon View Post
    Can I use 646.93 for fetal demise or is there one specific for demise. Pt. has postive Hcg, and 7 wks along, US, impression states fetal demise. thanks
    Hi pharmon:

If you have not yet had any replys from your post, you might have better luck posting this post under the OBGYN thread category. Sometimes coders only seek to answer questions, and seek answers to their own questions, to the thread that correspond to their work methodology.
    Last edited by 007CPC; 08-08-2008 at 04:15 AM.

Default plaque of carotid artery

See 440.0. Atherosclerosis of aorta. (atherosclerosis = fatty plaque deposits that reduce the diameter & elasticity of an artery.

LaSeille Willard, CPC

Default Fetal Demise

Quote Originally Posted by pharmon View Post
    Use 632 - this code is for missed abortion as well as fetal demise before 22 weeks gestation. (after 22 weeks, use code 656.41)

LaSeille Willard, CPC

Plaque took me to artery, arterial --- see Arteriosclerosis, went there and found 440.9, checked tabular list - I agree with 440.9 Generalized and unspecified atherosclerosis, Arteriosclerotic vascular disease NOS

Default carotid plaque

Plaque took me to artery, arterial --- see Arteriosclerosis, went there and found 440.9, checked tabular list - I agree with 440.9 Generalized and unspecified atherosclerosis, Arteriosclerotic vascular disease NOS

Default plaque in the carotid artery without significant stenosis

"Plaque took me to artery, arterial --- see Arteriosclerosis, went there and found 440.9, checked tabular list - I agree with 440.9 Generalized and unspecified atherosclerosis, Arteriosclerotic vascular disease NOS"

True except that it excludes the carotids and refers to 443.1X
    M.J.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast