I sat in on a webinar a couple of weeks ago and this is what was given to us:
27096 SI injection procedure for SI joint w/ guidance (fluoro or CT) including arthrography so the imaging is bundled.
States if you did without imaging it is considered a trigger point injection 20552 which is different from the previous recommendations of 20610. They state if you don't use imaging you can't confirm you are in the 'joint' so it's a trigger point!
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join