AAPC - Back to school

Thread: help with elements

Default help with elements

AAPC: Back to School
    Please give me other opinions on number of elements in this HPI.

Patient seen here early today with c/o insomnia and medications not working, arrives via law enforcement on ECO. Patient apparently left ED and went to sheriff's office stating she had no place to go and how could she get in jail. She reportedly then walked out into the street.

Thanks for any help.

Default Which Visit?

Are you looking for HPI elements for a second visit. It looks like there may have been two visits.
    The first visit it looks like she left AMA or without treatment. The second time she was brought in by police? The first visit looked to have context, modifying factor and location. But she walked it seems.
    This reminds me of an old Red Skelton bit where Feddy the Free Loader keeps trying to get arrested so he can have a warm bed and Cristmas dinner in jail. He finally decides the true meaning of Chritmas is not to spend it in jail, then of course he gets arrested. Think I'm showing my age here...

Similar Threads

1. How many elements do you see?
    By ldadams50 in forum E/M
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 11:27 AM
  2. help with elements
    By ggparker14 in forum E/M
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 12:55 AM
  3. How many elements?
    By nyyankees in forum E/M
    Replies: 9