Yes you can report a consult, in the definition section of cpt it says a consult can be initiated by a physician or another appropriate source, appropriate source is defined as (physician assistant, nurse practitioner, chiropractor, physical therapist, occupational therapist, speech-language pathologist, psychologist, social worker, lawyer or insurance company. You just have to make sure the request for consult is documented and a letter sent back to the person requesting consult.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join