Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you can't get your foot in the door... Kick a hole in the wall!!!

Talking If you can't get your foot in the door... Kick a hole in the wall!!!
    Exam Training Packages
    IF YOU CAN'T GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR… KICK A HOLE IN THE WALL!!!!!

If you can't get your foot in the door…

1st) First, thank God you have feet, even if you only have one of them.

2nd) Use your “good foot” to kick a hole in the wall!!!

3rd) If you can't kick a hole in the wall, climb through the window.

4th) If you can't climb through the window, crawl in from the basement.

5th) If you can't get in through the basement, pole vault onto the roof and “shimmy down the chimney”.

6th) If you can't find a chimney (or if it's being used), get a shovel and dig a tunnel.

All I'm saying is do not give up. If you are tired of looking for jobs, thank God you have eyes to see. It is hard out here for everyone, including me. But I am NOT giving up!!! I have come too far and invested too much into myself to give up now. I will keep kicking until all my toenails fall off if I have to. And when they grow back in, I will kick again. And when I get tired, and don't feel like doing it anymore, I will cry myself to sleep, wake up, and start kicking all over again.

I am a new CPC-A and have submitted over 2,500 resumes in three different states for every entry level position available from dietary aid, housekeeper, secretary, unit clerk, patient access rep, data entry clerk, all the way up to the certified coder positions. And I will keep doing so until I get hired, period. I just want to encourage everybody out there, no matter who you are or where you are. We are all going through something. Even if it's not job search related, don't give up okay.

Don't give up if you fail your test,
    Don't give up when you get depressed,
    Don't give into the pressures of stress,
    Cause if you do, you'll never find success.

KICK A HOLE IN THE WALL!!!
    (It's okay, they will fix it.)

2. Thumbs up
    Thanks for the reminder!!! I've been getting discouraged after applying for the last 4 months of completing my program and getting my certification. My sister is an RN and is now getting involved in Health Informatics. She is strongly encouraging me to continue pursuing my career path because it is going to "blow up soon".

It appears that we're not the only ones with the same story, but I've got faith that things will turn around soon. ICD-10 implementation is coming sooner than later...

Love it! You'll go a long way in this field, with your great attitude!
    Pam Brooks, MHA, COC, PCS, CPC, AAPC Fellow
    Coding Manager
    Wentworth-Douglass Hospital
    Dover, NH 03820

If you can dream it, you can do it. Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by vwash View Post
    IF YOU CAN'T GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR… KICK A HOLE IN THE WALL!!!!!

If you can't get your foot in the door…

1st) First, thank God you have feet, even if you only have one of them.

2nd) Use your “good foot” to kick a hole in the wall!!!

3rd) If you can't kick a hole in the wall, climb through the window.

4th) If you can't climb through the window, crawl in from the basement.

5th) If you can't get in through the basement, pole vault onto the roof and “shimmy down the chimney”.

6th) If you can't find a chimney (or if it's being used), get a shovel and dig a tunnel.

All I'm saying is do not give up. If you are tired of looking for jobs, thank God you have eyes to see. It is hard out here for everyone, including me. But I am NOT giving up!!! I have come too far and invested too much into myself to give up now. I will keep kicking until all my toenails fall off if I have to. And when they grow back in, I will kick again. And when I get tired, and don't feel like doing it anymore, I will cry myself to sleep, wake up, and start kicking all over again.

I am a new CPC-A and have submitted over 2,500 resumes in three different states for every entry level position available from dietary aid, housekeeper, secretary, unit clerk, patient access rep, data entry clerk, all the way up to the certified coder positions. And I will keep doing so until I get hired, period. I just want to encourage everybody out there, no matter who you are or where you are. We are all going through something. Even if it's not job search related, don't give up okay.

Don't give up if you fail your test,
    Don't give up when you get depressed,
    Don't give into the pressures of stress,
    Cause if you do, you'll never find success.

KICK A HOLE IN THE WALL!!!
    (It's okay, they will fix it.)
    WOW!!!! All I can say is WOW!!! What an inspiring post!!! With that attitude, you are certainly going to land a job!!! Major Kudos to you!!!!

Amen!!! Couldn't have stated it better myself

6. Default Kick a hole in the wall!!!
    Thanks so much for the motivational quote! I am a recent graduate and am preparing to take my CPC January 28th-keep your fingers crossed since your feet are busy kicking the wall! Like you, I have been applying for many positions with the healthcare industry with no luck to date. But with the attitude you have just given me, there is a job for me right around the corner! And for you too! Best of luck to all of you searching for the RIGHT JOB!

Thumbs up Thank you for the response!!
    I just wanted to take the time out to thank EVERYONE who has taken the time to read this post and respond either publicly or privately to this message. EVERY response has actually encouraged me and I thank you for investing your time to write a response. I wrote this post to encourage people to keep going when you get tired and feel like quitting. It happens to all of us because sometimes you just don't feel like fighting anymore or you just get tired along the way. The response has been positively overwhelming. I love the coding community! No matter who you are or where you are, no matter what you may be going through right now, take a rest if you must, but don't you quit.

To dmoore9495, you will pass your test on the 28th!! My best advice to you would be to read the coding guidelines. It is a tedious process I know, but it will really help you and save you time on the test. Knowing the guidelines will help you to eliminate some of the wrong answers on the test. The guidelines will tell you if certain codes can be used together or not, so if you see certain codes together as an answer, but the guidelines says those two codes can't be used together, then you know it's a wrong answer.

Thumbs up
    WOW! I love that attitude! Keep it up and good luck to you!

9. Default
    Thank You VWash for this post. I have also been applying since last summer to numerous entry level positions just to get my foot in the door. But, I'm proud to say I have not given up and I won't. My first step today has been to join this association attend meetings and expand on my knowledge of billing and coding. Someone will recognize what I have to offer sooner or later even if I have to "climb through the window". Thank you so much for your encouragement and inspiration through this post.

Latoria Stone (Student)

Vwash,
    thank you very much for that inspiring and motivating post, i am nervous about the exam, i am taking the exam in feb,this will help and also wanted to know if any one had some study guide or practice test papers that i buy from anyone who has passed the exam. My email is nita.bhatt@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast