laser skin treatment questions

Default laser skin treatment questions
    Medical Coding Books
    #1 12-16-2011, 10:55 AM
    cchriste
    New Join Date: Apr 2007

?'s on billing scar revision w/ lasers and gemeni laser tx's for seborrheic keratosis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just started training in derm a few weeks ago. One of the providers at my work is new to our group practice this year and is doing procedures we haven't seen before so double whammy for me.

How do I bill for scar revision with gemini laser? Wasn't sure if destruction codes would apply or if I should be billing something else. Half the stuff I try coding out comes out to 17999 unlisted procedure.

Also any info you can share on actinotherapy, PDT, and the 96920 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by cchriste View Post
    #1 12-16-2011, 10:55 AM
    cchriste
    New Join Date: Apr 2007

?'s on billing scar revision w/ lasers and gemeni laser tx's for seborrheic keratosis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just started training in derm a few weeks ago. One of the providers at my work is new to our group practice this year and is doing procedures we haven't seen before so double whammy for me.

How do I bill for scar revision with gemini laser? Wasn't sure if destruction codes would apply or if I should be billing something else. Half the stuff I try coding out comes out to 17999 unlisted procedure.

Also any info you can share on actinotherapy, PDT, and the 96920 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    My suggestion would be that you post your question on the Dermatoloty forum. You will probably get advice and information more readily from the people that look directly at that specialty forum on here.
    Arlene J. Smith, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, COBGC

I actually tried that already. Got tons of views and no answers. I was just trying here to see if I could get a broader audience. Guess my brilliant plan didn't work afterall.