Brandi,I'm not gonna lie...it was a LOT harder than I had anticipated - it's the first time I took the whole 5 hours & 40 minutes to finish. I didn't consider that: with coding exams, 90% of the test questions can be found in your manuals, if you know where to look. Not so, with this exam - you either know it, or you don't, and even if you do have it in your resources, you've still got to be able to locate it.
Personally, I'd buy the practice test, but not the study guide. It was basically a Cliff's Notes of this: http://oig.hhs.gov/compliance/compli...ance/index.asp
Plus, a little bit over OSHA, CLIA, HIPAA, PPACA, Qui Tam, the Federal Sentencing Guidelines, and more specific info over CMS rules and regs (most of which can be found here: http://www.cms.gov/home/regsguidance.asp)
The study guide has some issues - it's full of opinions, and not facts, and many of the 'test your knowledge' quizzes were random, in relation to the material discussed in the chapter. Read the OIG's Compliance Guidance for Individual and Small Group Practices, Hopitals, and Third Party Billing Companies about 5 times each, and you should have enough to almost pass the exam off of that alone. There was still other stuff, but it's listed out under the AAPC's 'additional preparation methods' link.
thank you for the information on the test. I appreciate it!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join