laparoscopic removal of filshie clips bilaterally?

Default laparoscopic removal of filshie clips bilaterally?
    Medical Coding Books
    Hello, all.

I have a question regarding the correct coding for the laparocpic removal of filshie clips bilaterally, it was done at the same time as laparoscopic fulguration & excision of pelvic peritoneal lesions (58662). (Patient previously had a hysterectomy.) The Filshie clips were excised using sharp dissection with EndoShear scissors & reinforcement of hemostasis with monopolar cautery. Has anyone else come accross this situation? I appreciate any suggestions you can make. (Right now the only thing I am seeing would be the code for Unlisted laparoscopy procedure, oviduct, ovary. 58679).
    Thanks,
    Florence

Quote Originally Posted by FLSJarrel View Post
    Hello, all.

I have a question regarding the correct coding for the laparocpic removal of filshie clips bilaterally, it was done at the same time as laparoscopic fulguration & excision of pelvic peritoneal lesions (58662). (Patient previously had a hysterectomy.) The Filshie clips were excised using sharp dissection with EndoShear scissors & reinforcement of hemostasis with monopolar cautery. Has anyone else come accross this situation? I appreciate any suggestions you can make. (Right now the only thing I am seeing would be the code for Unlisted laparoscopy procedure, oviduct, ovary. 58679).
    Thanks,
    Florence
    Removal of the clips is included as a part of the procedure in a 58662.
    Arlene J. Smith, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, COBGC

Thanks, I had wondered at first if it was included, then someone else had suggested 58562. Which made no sense to me, since the patient had had a hysterectomy and therefore couldn't have a hysteroscopy. So I didn't think that code would apply, and that put me into trying to find a better code. I'm still very new with OBGYN and it still seems complicated to me. I really appreciate the help.