For years we were using 238.2, but after a lot of research and information from Susan Ward at the AAPC, correct coding states only use the 238.2 when you have a CONFIRMED pathology diagnosis. I.E. "238.2 is only to be used once a pathologic examination has been completed which has this diagnosis as its conclusion". (so dysplastic, atypical, etc.). Therefore, we now use 239.2... we have NEVER used 709.XX (skin disorder)!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join