AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Placement of Integra graft

Loma Linda

Default Placement of Integra graft

AAPC: Back to School
    Hi! I work for an orthopedic group and one of our physicians took a patient to surgery for debridement of a hand wound and also placement of an Integra graft.
    He wants to charge for a 11043 and a 15175. I was told that we as the physician are not able to charge for the placement of the integra graft since the facility supplies this for the physician and there is no code for the placement of this.
    Is this correct? I was informed that I would just code for the surgical prep 15004.
    Can someone give me some information in regards to this? I just want to be sure that I am coding this correctly and can explain this and have backup for my physician.

Thank you for your help

If your physician personally placed the skin substitute then you CAN bill for its' placement. The skin substitute material would be billed by the facility. Regarding the use of the 15004 code that would be based on documentation.
    Susan Ward, CPC, COC, CPC-I, CEMC, CPCD, CPRC
    AAPC ICD-10 Expert Trainer

A small act of kindness a day can make someone's day special

Springfield, Mo

Per WPS lcd L30135 Integra is not covered. Still not sure if we should be billing the application code for a product that is not covered.
    Anyone have any guidance on this?
    solocoder CPC

Similar Threads

1. Gore Hybrid Graft Placement
    By SPECIALTYCODING in forum Cardiovascular Thoracic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 08:48 AM
  2. Aortic graft placement status
    By troupe327 in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 11:51 AM
  3. CPT for Integra placement