I would file a complaint with your provider service rep. There should be no reason why they cant do they auth. They are supposed to auth based on medical necessity, and I would point this out to them, usually all insurances have a disclaimer stating that auths are based on medical necessity and not a guarantee of payment. I would also have the patient complain to their human resources department if this is a commercial plan through the employer. But I would say if you cant get the auth then the surgery may have to be rescheduled and I would tell the patient exactly why the insurance is being rescheduled so they can complain to their insurance company.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join