Well...you're right. This subject always seems to be a debate. I have found that this really becomes carrier specific. Every year, we have to go to our major carrier websites to find out how they want this filed; although, I do find that many carriers still want 90471. Traditionally, G0008 was for Medicare but some did deny our claims with 90471. In addition, I did see that some carriers would pay for either or. It will be interesting to see if there will be revisions to insurance medial policies since so many carriers are following CMS guidelines (or they proclaim to).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join