I am not sure what State your doctor is located or the type of patients, i.e., tranditional Medicaid, Medicare, or managed care, they serve. In NY, under Medicaid (not managed care Medicaid), the supervising physician needs not be in the same office or location and they can supervise up to three PA/NP and can bill under the supervising physician's name, however, the PAs/NPs must not be registered with Medicaid to bill under their own ID (waive the right to bill). By this account, you can see that different rule exists depending on the type of beneficiaries. So, check your local guidelines in addition to Medicare guidelines.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join