One of the doctors in my office asked me a question regarding how I would code for a pillcam if she only did the placement and another Dr in the office actually did the interpretation and report of the results. She wants to place it, but feels more comfortable having someone more experienced with the pillcam do the reading.
The pillcam is going to be placed in the OR durring an EGD because the child is too young to swallow the capsule. This is a normal procedure and I normally just code 91110. When its done in the office setting I do not use a modifer 26, because the dr actually owns her own equipment.
Im just wondering if there is a way to split this for the drs? Any insight would be great appreciated! Thank you so much!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join