The V76.2 is excluded when you bill the V72.31 meaning you do not code them together. If you patient has had a total hysterectomy then you would add a V76.47 and the appropriate V88.xx code for the absence of the uterus and cervix. If the patient has a remaining cervical stump and this is what was pap(ed) then you would bill the V72.31 with the V88.xx code for the absence of the uterus with a remaining cervical stump. You would also add the V code for the HPV screening.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join