AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Just a thought...

Smile Just a thought...

AAPC: Back to School
    Hello my fellow coders:

I have been a certified coder for almost 6 years and I have seen so many different interpretations of the coding/documentation rules from very bright and well seasoned coders. I have always enjoyed reading the posts and posting questions on the site.

For some of us, we tend to "forget" from time to time the rules and need a refresher. With that being said, the posts that I have contributed to the site and the responses that I receive gratefully from my fellow coders..

I have a request, to some it may seem like a great idea, to others maybe not necessary.. from now on every time that I respond to a post, along side my name I am going to list what Medicare intermediary that I work with so that the information or suggestions that I give, the receiver will know whether or not my suggestions apply to their Medicare intermediary..

What do you think?
    Last edited by Love Coding!; 12-30-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Grammar

Everett, WA

This would in my opinion be very helpful and could start a trend. I deal with 31 carriers and wish I had the time to become an expert with each carrier's specifics, expectations and policies. And since Palmetto GBA NV is one of them, this would be very useful IMO. Thank you for the offer!
    ---Suzanne E. Byrum CPC

York, Pa

I think this is a great idea as well. This way I/we would know if these rules apply to YOU. Good thinking my fellow coders. I'll have to add that info to my signature line now.
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Thanks Suzanne and Roxanne, I hope others think the way we do. My vision is that the new unseasoned coders out there will also benefit from this and will be able to help "weed" out what applies to their area of the country...

Once again thank you for your input!

052274 My Medicare Intermediaries: Noridian Arizona and Palmetto GBA Nevada

Default Idea

An excellent idea...anything we can do to help each other is a plus!

Thank you everyone!

Happy New Year

MaryKay Staton, CPC