you will need to cross walk the surgical code to the anesthesia code. Time plus the base unit is how you bill for Anesthesia 60 minutes (one hour) is equal to 4 units of anesthesia time. ( one unit = 15 minutes) 01961 = c section delivery only. The total number of units for your example would be 9 ( 4 units for the time and 5 units for the base) Your billing software will have convert to a conversion factor. Anesthesia does not have RVU's they use a conversion factor system.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join