CPT GUIDELINES indcates that when the physician cannot complete the procedure through the arthroscope, and an open procedure is performed, list the open procedure first, code the scope diagnostic, and append modifier 51. Medicare and some other third-party payers do not allow a scope procedure when performed in conjunction w/related open procedure.
For secondary open reconstruction code 27427-27429 w/modifier 22.
or 27599 unlisted.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join