AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy

Dover Seacoast New Hampshire

Default Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy

AAPC: Back to School
    Is anyone coding for this procedure? According to the manufacturer, three CPT codes are used to report this, and two of them are unlisted. I am also interested to know if anyone has calculated any work RVUs for this. Thanks, Pam Brooks, PCS, CPC

Default Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy

Has anyone an answer to this? I also am trying to find the correct codes to use for this procedure
    Thank you

Dover Seacoast New Hampshire

Well, here's what I came up with, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm willing to hear what others are doing:

76499-26, (planning, including 3-D construction of CT an mapping of target lesion or lymph nodes). Billed charge $382.00. Work RVUs 4.56. I based this on the rad code 77295, (Therapeutic radiology field setting; 3-D reconstruction of tumor volume and surrounding critical normal tissue structures from direct CT scans.) This is the closest I could come to the description of the unlisted code.

31899-26, Electromagnetic image-guided navigation of the pulmonary tract. Billed charge, 469.00, Work RVUS 4.99. this was based on code 93609, (recommended by by superDimension); Intraventrcular and or intra-arterial mapping of tachycardia sites with catheter manipulation to record from multiple sites to identify origin of tachycardia.

32999, Placement of fiducial markers in the airways/parenchyma/mediastinal LN. Billed charge, 190.00, Work RVUs 1.73. This was based on code 55876, which is the code for placement of fiducial markers, prostate. (this is the only other similar placement code in CPT).

Gail, we use 2006 RVUs for our provider reimbursement. I've asked the pulmonologist if I can sit in on a procedure. It uses GPS technology to guide the device and mark the tumor. You can then subsequently bill the bronch/biopsy.