It is acceptable to bill the auto ins for the injuries/conditions related directly to the MVA and the personal insurance for the procedure that was unrelated. This does however require two separate notes to be created, each note needs to be able to stand alone. This is the same with Workers Comp. We have advised our patients that if they come in for a WC visit and have an related problem they'd like to discuss then they must pay their co-pay or co-insurance before they leave the office.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join