There's no specific code for annual gyne exam. If the provider is doing an age-appropriate preventive exam, use the 99381-99397, as indicated.
Medicare uses Q0091 for the pap, and G0101 for breast and pelvic, and they carved out these codes separate from the preventive visit, because they still do not cover a routine preventive exam, as coded by 993xx. If you bill them together for Medicare, you have to reduce the amount of your pap, breast and pelvic from the amount you charge your well visit, because Medicare doesn't cover the well visit. (not to be confused with the IPPE or AWV). Check CMS's Preventive guidelines for advice on coverage and diagnosis coding.
Some (most) commercial payers will not pay them separately, and will only cover the preventive visit.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join