If a obstetric patient has a change in insurance during the course of her pregnancy, we will usually bill the antepartum visits until the date of the insurance change, and bill the global charge (59400) for all subsequent care. We have an insurance carrier who is stating that the 59400 is the wrong code. The patient had 5 visit on the original insurance, and 9 visits plus delivery and post partum care on the new insurance. How would you code this?
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join