AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J3301 Rejection - I have a claim that is being rejected

Default procedure description required by medicare

AAPC: Back to School
    I had the same issue with all my medicare claims. J3301 is one of the "unspecified" HCPCS codes that now require a description. I went to edit mode on my clearinghouse (zirmed) and added "KENALOG 10MG" in the "procedure description" field on the general tab for that line.

Mobile, AL

Question J3301

When you went into clearing house and did the edit to show kenalog 10mg, did the claim go through???

Lisa Fisher, CPC
    Daphne, AL

Columbia, MO

Quote Originally Posted by tbolla View Post
    We are experiencing the same issue with J3301. I've already resubmitted with the NDC and am still getting a rejection. If anyone gets to the bottom of this, it would be helpful to hear what you find out.
    Did you use the N4 qualifier in front of the NDC number? when you are done the number you submit should be a total of 13 characters with no dashes or spaces starting with N4. You also need the UN, or GR or ML pacaging code from the package and the number such as UN2 or gr40

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

After I added the description for the procedure "KENALOG 10MG" the claim went thru. Per the medicare website, the HCPCS codes that have "unspecified" or "not otherwise specified" in the description, have to show the description of the drug. The 2012 HCPCS code manual says "use this code for Kenalog 10; Kenalog 40; Tri-Kort; Kenaject 40; Genacort A40; Triam-A; Trilog"; so you have to tell medicare which drug/dosage is in the shot. Medicare paid our claims after I added the description.

Default J3301 denials

We are also getting rejections for Kenalog. Any help would be appreciated.

Default J3301 requires procedure description for medicare

After I edited my claims and added the procedure description for J3301 (KENALOG 10MG) they were accepted & paid. Here's the Medicare rejection reason pasted from Zirmed.

The NDC code was not the issue - they give a different rejection reason for NDC's

Did anyone find out anything regarding the J3301 rejections because Medicare isn't processing my J3301 claims. Help!!

What reason are you getting from Medicare for them not processing the J3301?
    Herbie W Lorona Jr., CPC, CPC-H

This is the rejection:

Payer : Entity acknowledges receipt of claim/encounter Acknowledgement/Receipt J3301
    Detailed description of service Acknowledgement / Rejected for relational field in error.'
    Payer : Entity acknowledges receipt of claim/encounter Acknowledgement/Receipt

Where do you place the descriptor on the HCFFA?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12