I'd code 44603 as everything else is going to be included.
For the most part, you can not bill for lysing. Lysing is considered part of clearing the surgical field. With that said, if dr is lysing for a DX of Bowel Obstruction (or other payable DX) and the "lifts" were separate and distinct sites - I'd bill for both. It will be a nightmare trying to get paid but if you have the DX's and can show separate and distinct go for it. If you can't show separate and distinct, 44005 will be included in 44603
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join