I would ask you this:
Do the admitting doc and the OV doc work together? Specifically, do they submit charges with the same tax id?
If the OV is done by Doc A with tax id 123 and the admission is done by Doc B with tax id 123, then I would bill the admission only.
However, if OV is done by Doc A with tax id 123 and the admission is done by Doc B with tax id 789, then Doc A bills OV and Doc B bills admission.
Hunter Smith, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join