Yes, 29822 becomes your primary procedure ( if you are doing a debridement ).
Here is With regard to shoulder arthroscopy, CPT code 29826â€”â€śarthroscopic subacromial decompressionâ€ťâ€”is now an add-on code to CPT codes 29806â€“29825, 29827, and 29828. Modifier 51 should not be used and 100 percent reimbursement should be expected.
CPT code 29826 should not be reported with any procedure other than those identified as appropriate parent codes. It is not an add-on code to CPT code 23410 or 23412, and an unlisted code may not be reported to reflect this work. Instead, append modifier 22 or report 29822 or 29823 (limited or extensive dĂ©bridement) as appropriate
info from an article posted by AAOS.
So your primary codes would be 29806-29825, 29827 or 29828. You cannot use with
23410 or 23412.
Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join