Per CPT 2012 (compared with CPT 2011):
62287 Decompression procedure, percutanteous, of nucleus pulposus of intervertebral disc, any method utilizing needle based technique to remove disc material under fluoroscopic imaging or other form of indirect visualization, with the use of an endoscope, with the use of endoscope, with discography and/or epidural injuections(s) at the treated level(s), when performed, single or multiple levels, lumbar (eg, manual or automated percutaneous discectormy, percutanteous laser discectomy)
>(Do not report 62287 in conjunction with 62267, 62290, 62311, 77003, 77012, 72295, when performed at the same level)<
Red text was added, Blue text was deleted.
Does this give you the answers you need for your doc? If I'm reading it right, the aspiration (62267) is included in 62287.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join