No modifier need when billing vision or medical ins. If billing Medicare, you would add modifier -GY to 92015 because it's not a covered benenfit.
The only time you would bill 92012 twice in the same day is if the first time pt came is was for one reason, & the second time was for a completely different reason. e.g. if the pt came in for an eye exam, then later came in for emergency (foreign body, etc..). the second service you can code as e/m service and add mod. -25
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join