It appears you may need to contact your individual carriers. I see different clarifications for different payers. The following is from BCBS and only makes reference to continued treatment as determined by the patient's needs and not within any defined time period. Hope this helps a little?
"PTNS treatment includes a 12-week initial treatment phase followed by an indefinite maintenance treatment phase, with each of these phases having different treatment protocols. The initial treatment phase consists of 1 to 3 weekly 30-minute treatment sessions for 12 weeks. Following the initial treatment phase, maintenance treatment is continued. The protocol for maintenance treatment is less well defined, with repeat sessions administered at intervals generally dictated by the patient and based on the return of symptoms. The manufacturer recommends that these maintenance treatment sessions will on average be required every 2 to 3 weeks." (http://www.bcbs.com/blueresources/te...ial-nerve.html)
V Davis CPC CGIC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join