Results 1 to 3 of 3

M26 and TC...

  1. #1
    Question M26 and TC...
    Medical Coding Books

    Dr is asking me if he can be paid anything additional for using his own ultrasound equipment during a procedure that is done OP, hospital...the procedures are
    37620 Interruption of Inferior Vena Cava bu suture,ligation....
    76937-US guidance for Vascular access....
    75940-Perc placement of IVC filter...
    This was done last year. Dr owns the equipment and is asking if he can use M26 and TC for the US????

  2. #2
    Columbia, MO
    If he owns the equipment and does the official interp with a separate report, then there is no modifier needed. Billing just the single code is billing for both parts. Hover with a 22 POS the payer may have questions.

    Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

  3. #3
    Alexandria, LA
    if this is done at a hospital, he can't code the technical. If he uses his own equipment for some reason, he must make a deal with the hospital for them to pay him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Enjoying Our Forums?

AAPC forums are a benefit of membership. Joining AAPC grants you unlimited access, allowing you to post questions and participate with our community of over 150,000 professionals.

Join Now Continue Reading Without Full Access

Already a Member?


Close Message

In addition to full participation on AAPC forums, as a member you will be able to:

  • Access to the largest healthcare job database in the world.
  • Join over 150,000 members of the healthcare network in the world.
  • Be a part of an industry leading organization that drives the business side of healthcare.
  • Save anywhere from 10%-50% with exclusive member discounts on courses, books, study materials, and conferences.
  • Access to discounts at hundreds of restaurants, travel destinations, retail stores, and service providers. AAPC members also have opportunities to save on heath, life, and liability insurance.
  • Become a member of a local chapter and attend regular meetings.