AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPC Exam!

AAPC: Back to School
    I took the exam for my first time this past Saturday. Laureen's Blitz videos and the CPC study guide helped alot, and the 3 practice exams. I was told to do the easy ones first, then do the hard ones. The proctor suggested to do the hard ones first then the easy ones because the easy ones will have you catch up on your time.

I started with the hard ones, then I jumped to some easy ones and then continued with the hard ones. When I was doing the hard ones I was concerned that I would not be able to finish on time. But as the hard ones were being finished and slowly working back into the easier ones, time was on your side and I finished with an hour left over. I then went back to the ones that I was not sure of and reviewed them during my last hour. So, I completed the whole exam and felt that I did good. Now I wait in suspense for my score. I walked out feeling proud and confident that I passed (if I didn't I will be stumped and will want to know what ones I got wrong). But I also had fun. I told the proctor's I had fun and I really enjoyed it.

It was fun!

Default the test is the easy part...

Passed my CPC first try w/score of 83%...that was easy compared to the task of finding a job! Nobody wants to hire unless you've had 1-3 years of CODING experience. I have worked in the medical field forever but not doing coding so nobody will hire me. I am now looking at trying to get someone to let me work for free a few hours a week to get some experience, I'm sure even convincing someone to do that will be tough and then I may not be offered a job after all the free hours I put in and be right back at square one.

Take your time and study for the test, figure out what works best for you in terms of time and answering the question correctly; you will have a harder time finding a job so it may be better to find a job in a medical office first, learn by doing then take the test. you'll do better w/a working knowledge..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12