Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CPC Exam!

1. Question CPC Exam!
    Medical Coding Books
    Wow, 2 times in a row FAILED! BUT SOOOO CLOSE to passing! It does get discouraging though. I can't tell you how much I thought the 2nd time I took the exam I thought I passed. Then to see my score this morning was such a let down for myself. I know I can't be to hard on myself but all I can do now is to keep studying and strive to pass the 3rd time. 3rd time is a charm right?? I HOPE! Any advice from coders? My weakest area is E/M.....BOY IS THAT SECTION ROUGH!!!

[QUOTE=Tabatha1988;197118]Wow, 2 times in a row FAILED! BUT SOOOO CLOSE to passing! It does get discouraging though. I can't tell you how much I thought the 2nd time I took the exam I thought I passed. Then to see my score this morning was such a let down for myself. I know I can't be to hard on myself but all I can do now is to keep studying and strive to pass the 3rd time. 3rd time is a charm right?? I HOPE! Any advice from coders? My weakest area is E/M.....BOY IS THAT SECTION ROUGH!!![/QUOTE

I know it is tough but try to take AAPC CPC Practice Exam A, B and C ( and highlight your book and make notes in your book that speed up your time). try to circle those code that are similar and highlight word that makes them different. And when you take practice test read your question quickly and underline work that you think it is important. Let me know if this helps and never give up it is tough but not impossible.

Megha

3. Default 3rd times the charm
    Keep on Keeping on! You will pass...

4. Default
    I took the exam twice, got a 69 the first time, and a 68 the second time. I know how disappointed you feel.
    I studies all the practice exams online the second time, and spent a boatload of time and money. I started from the back, did the easiest first, tried to take everyone's advice. The only thing I could come up with is that I am not in the medical field currently. I would love to take the exam again in the future, AFTER I have some kind of job in the medical field.
    It did help to do all the easier ones first. But I totally sympathize with how you are feeling!! Keep trying tho.

5. Default
    1) Skip the index and go straight to the tabular to look up the four options that you are given

2) Skip long and difficult questions on the exam (and bubble sheet) and go back to them at the end if you have time.

3) When guessing make an educated one. Ex: If you are in the musculoskeletal section (20000 codes) your answer will likely have a 20000 code listed

4) Knowing some med term and anatomy can hepl you more than you think

5) A lot of the correct answers have codes that are repeated in at least two of the options with only a slight variation (Ex: Option A and B may be identical except A has a modifier and B does not)

6) 95% of the question have the answer some where in one of the manuals. Read your guidelines and know your modifiers!

7) Google "CPC practice exam", there are a lot of free and cheap practice out there (and practice is the best way to study).

There's a good practice exam here (150 questions for $19.99) http://www.medicalbillingandmedicalc...cticeexam.html

Good luck to you and don't give up!

I failed the exam twice as well. The first time with a 62% and the second time with a 68%. I am scheduled to take the exam again on 02/18/12. I have been studying hard and doing the practice test. So god willing 3rd time will be charm for both of us.

7. Unhappy 3rd time and failed
    I have taken it 3 times and failed just dont know what I am doing wrong so frustrated

8. Red face info on Prolia inj (J0897)
    Can anyone tell me where i can get the criteria for the injection and what the guidelines are I have looked but cant find them?l

9. Default
    I recommend the 3 AAPC practice exams,I feel they helped me a great deal. I did my course study through on-line courses with community colleges. Always,always research any incorrect answers you may get this will make it stick in your mind. Fortunately I passed my exam the first time. The cpc examination study guide and workbook would also be worth while.

10. Default
    I am scheduled to take the exam for the first time. I have purchased Lareen Jandroep's medical coding review blitz and practice on www.quizlet.com.
    I hope to pass. I have no medical experience and have hit several road blocks trying to get employed. How does one break into the field when employers require 2+ years of coding experience? Please help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast