I took the notation in the CPT book to be that 29826 is an add-on to the other shoulder arthroscopic codes listed. I also had a case that had the 23412 for rotator cuff repair but on the arthroscopic side of the surgery they also debrided the labrum. I used the 23412 and 29822 and did not use the 29826, as the CCI edits edited out the 29826. There was no CCI edit for the 29822 coded along with the 23412, so they both worked together. I debated over this case for quite a while also. This new change can be confusing.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join