when you are billing facility and have multiple E&M in either the same or different revenue centers and one visit has a procedure with a status S or T indicator, then all E&Ms for the claim must have a 25 modifier, the 27 modifier is for the second and subsequent E&M for the day so the first E&M will have a 25 only the second and subsequent will have a 25 and a 27. If you have more than 1 E&M in the SAME revenue center on the same day then the claim also needs a G0 condition code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join