You would not bill a V72.31 again because you are not doing another complete routine gyn exam. You would bill the V76.2, V73.81 or V76.47 depending on the type of screening you are doing.
If all you are doing is the pap you should not bill for an office visit but if you do be sure to check the guidelines for the office visits as you may find that a 99212 is more in line with the type of history, exam and MDM that is being done, if at all.
I hope this information is helpful.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join