You statements are correct:
-Chondroplasty is no longer reportable in a separate compartment of the knee, not even with G0289, which is still part of the code set. So in the setting of 29881 or 29880, chondroplasty is not separately reportable (unless it is performed in the OTHER knee).
-Yes, your surgeons will most likely be upset, but everyone in the country is in the same boat on this.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join