An assistant surgeon by definition, assists the primary surgeon in completing surgical procedures. The assistant does not dictate an op report, the primary surgeon dictates the report and includes the work of the assistant surgeon in the dictation. In this case the primary surgeon bills the procedure codes, the assistant bills the same codes with the modifier 80 attached.
If a surgeon only opened, it is not a co-surgery that is an assistant.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join