CPT 33226 reads Reposition of previously implanted cardiac venous system (left ventricular) electrode (including removal, insertion, and/or replacement of existing generator)
Since this procedure includes the replacement, do not report 33224, 33240, or 33249 as any one of these represents unbunding; your software is trying to warn you of the error.
I believe that you need to only report CPT 33226 and the HCPCS C1882 for the replacement generator.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join