FHS (Floating-Harbor Syndrome) - I cannot find "Floating-Harbor

Question FHS (Floating-Harbor Syndrome) - I cannot find "Floating-Harbor
    Medical Coding Books
    Hi there,

I cannot find "Floating-Harbor Syndrome" also known as:Pelletier-Leisti Syndrome on the ICD-9 book. I read on the Internet this was classified by a Swedish organization, also:

"Pelletier-Leisti syndrome is listed as a "rare disease" by the Office of Rare Diseases (ORD) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This means that Pelletier-Leisti syndrome, or a subtype of Pelletier-Leisti syndrome, affects less than 200,000 people in the US population.
    Pelletier-Leisti syndrome: Another name for Floating Harbor Syndrome (or close medical condition association). "

Any Idea how to code (or if it's a disease NOT classified yet in the US?)

2. Default Floating harbor syndrome
    Don't know if this will help you, but I looked it up on the Medical Dictionary Website and this is what they said. Floating Harbor Syndrome

A rare idiopathic disorder characterised by short stature, delayed language skills, a triangular face, broad nose, deep-set eyes, wide mouth and thin lips

Quote Originally Posted by choder View Post
    Hi there,

I cannot find "Floating-Harbor Syndrome" also known as:Pelletier-Leisti Syndrome on the ICD-9 book. I read on the Internet this was classified by a Swedish organization, also:

"Pelletier-Leisti syndrome is listed as a "rare disease" by the Office of Rare Diseases (ORD) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This means that Pelletier-Leisti syndrome, or a subtype of Pelletier-Leisti syndrome, affects less than 200,000 people in the US population.
    Pelletier-Leisti syndrome: Another name for Floating Harbor Syndrome (or close medical condition association). "

Any Idea how to code (or if it's a disease NOT classified yet in the US?)
    Based on reading about what is known, it would appear the best code to use would be 758.9 Conditions due to anomaly of unspecified chromosome. I tried a reverse ICD-10 look up to Q87.8 which was the code in the literature, but it did not crossover to an ICD-9 code.
    Arlene J. Smith, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, COBGC

4. Default
    Hi Arlene,

please see Q87.89 - Other specified congenital malformation syndromes, not elsewhere classified

Hi Choder - 'Floating-Harbor Syndrome' is not classified in I10 too.

Thanks.